BEWARE: Nakuru Residents Warned Of Uninspected Meat Due To Anthrax Reports

BEWARE: Nakuru Residents Warned Of Uninspected Meat Due To Anthrax Reports

BEWARE: Nakuru Residents Warned Of Uninspected Meat Due To Anthrax Reports

Residents of Nakuru County have been warned to be careful of meat consumption (especially beef) due to reports of an Anthrax outbreak. Several people are in hospital for consuming contaminated meat.

Anthrax is a serious infectious disease caused by gram-positive, rod-shaped bacteria known as Bacillus anthracis. Anthrax can be found naturally in soil and commonly affects domestic and wild animals around the world.




There is an outbreak of Anthrax in Nakuru County with several people admitted at Elburgon Nyayo ward n10 Buffalos having died at Nakuru Game Park.

It is advisable to avoid meat especially beef.

For those of us in Nakuru, let us be vigilant.

Prevention is better than cure

— Motorist Association (@motoristsoffice) April 8, 2019



KWS raises the alarm over the outbreak of anthrax which has already claimed the lives of more than 10 buffaloes at the Lake Nakuru National Parkhttps://t.co/XIjOEto0GL

— PEOPLE DAILY (@PeopleDailyKe) April 8, 2019

Kenya Wildlife service reports that the outbreak has killed at least 10 buffaloes .

Inhalation anthrax symptoms can include:
Fever and chills
Shortness of breath
Chest Discomfort
Cough
Confusion or dizziness
Headache
Nausea, vomiting, or stomach pains
Extreme tiredness
Sweats (often drenching)
Body aches

Send tips, business inquiries and all else to dailyupdateskenya[at]gmail.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.